March 28, 2013

my husband is more fashionable than me.

I'm not joking. He is. I don't know when this happened, but it did. He knows what cuffs go with what cuff links and what collars you should wear to which occasions. He has a travel case for his ties. He's been lurking around thrift stores trying to find a navy blue blazer and finally succeeded -- it's now altered and dry-cleaned and while wearing it he looks like Prince Harry. He irons his dress shirts.

I have not yet used our iron.

I don't really know how to use our iron.

But yes, with the combined efforts of training via The Art of Manliness, Neal Caffrey, and an abundance of really excellent thrift stores in this city, Wayne has become a man of style. Now, if only I could find a nice pea coat with sleeves long enough for my arms. You can't get away with 3/4 length sleeves all the time, my friends. I've tried. Although, on the upside, I've really formed quite a strong relationship with my forearms over the years. We know each other well.

Speaking of weird relationships, this is something Wayne said yesterday:

W: "Alright coffee, it's time that you and I locked lips. Some people say I have an inappropriate relationship with coffee... I just say we're friends with benefits."
S: [Confused silence]. 

You've got it -- it's that time of year again, folks! Midterms and all the confused and hazy brain slush that comes with 'em! Turns out not only is Wayne fashionable, he's also really funny when he's sleep deprived.

Well, that's all. No pictures today. Sad face.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing 'Prince Harry' in his navy blue blazer. Best wishes with the midterms.

    ReplyDelete